Saturday, December 11, 2010

Memorial Service (Memories)

Man, I need antidepressants. Song #4, and no happiness in sight. Wow, kid. Lighten up.
I have a arpeggio-based piano riff for this, but my super-slacker lifestyle means that I won't be recording it for a while. And Zhen (the pro singer in my band, Cracked Perspective) won't be around for a while, too. So yeah, I'm only on songwriting for now.


I saw it on the news today
The saddest thing I've ever seen 
But of the aftermath I'll say
These wounds may never heal

(add light beat)
We see such pain in all we view
But just forget about it all
So while people lose all they could ever lose
We ignore them like broken dolls

(Chorus)
The tragedies that come to us
They never seem to go away
But the memories they leave with us...these
Flashbacks of then, we never learn from for today

They say that once upon a time
People learned from their past
But now we disregard old crimes
Save for a flag at half mast

Right now, I feel the past is more
Than a history book paper
It tells of what we've endured
And how it could make us greater

(Chorus)

(Violin Solo?)

(Different Melody)
I wish that in another day,
We'll the world's worries and say
"I've had it with the tears and pain
Let's work 'till only hope remains"

(Final Chorus)
The tragedies that come to us
They'll still come in our way
But maybe we can learn for once
So that tomorrow, we'll be better than today...


There you go. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment whatever.