Thursday, December 23, 2010

Anthem of the Unheard

Another song! And not a morbid one! Amazing!
It's got a catchy little C major piano riff to go with it.


(intro)
(Happy melody)
Sometimes I feel that no one can hear me,
There is no interest, far as I see.
I'm walking down Un-listened-to Street,
I might as well be talking to a tree.

Hello, hello, try to hear me please,
I might just have the answer to world peace.
But I'm drowned out by a million flocks of geese
Hungry for more than their rightful piece

(Chorus) (different melody)
No one seems to hear what I'm saying,
My friends don't get it, the leaders don't care.
I keep on talking to walls all day in
Hopes they'll see that I'm not playing
I keep on shouting 'till my throats dry
But it seems that they would rather try 
To not accept I'm here,  (In intercom voice) "Oh, hi,
But I don't care, so forget it, bye!"

(First melody)
Operator, do you hear me clear?
Is there anybody...out there?
Does someone listen to me, anywhere?
Does someone truly, honestly care?

(Switch to D Major)
But though I know I'm not heard today,
Tomorrow is a different time, may-
be someone will hear what I'll say.
'Till then I'll talk to brick walls all day,
(Final Chorus) (second melody) (Still in D Major)
'Till someone seems to hear what I'm saying,
They finally get it, they finally care and
I'll really talk to someone someday in
Confidence the know that I'm not playing
I won't shout 'till my throat's dry,
'Cause I'd know that someone will try 
To help me spread my wings and fly.
You know I'm not a pie in the sky!

(Chorus) (Back to C major)

You might notice the Pink Floyd reference. What do you think?
Update: I put the chorus at the end to smooth it out a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment whatever.