Saturday, November 20, 2010

Advice For An Upstart Band With No Resources

I started a band a few weeks ago, called Cracked Perspective. It's me and another kid. As a band we have:
-A keyboard
-A violin
-A MacBook
-An iPod Touch
-A small studio
-The best singer that does not have a record deal
-$16
I have a few questions:
-I've written a few songs and made an instrumental. Should I made a whole series of demos or send one demo now and record the rest with listenable quality?
-I'm a BAD songwriter, but people don't like ghost writers. Should I do a lot of collaborations? Or should I just suck it up and write?
-Where should I send my music? To a big music label? To an indie label? Or should I be an impertinent nitwit and make my own label?
-Do I really need better equipment? How much $$ do I need to raise?
Please Help! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment whatever.