Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Who Whats To Be Famous?

I'm back to writing songs! This is for my own solo music project, which means I'm...gasp...singing. (I'm still working out the name of the project; I have a few ideas here.) This is really just an experiment, if I can't make my singing sound tolerable, then the project goes away.
Note: I'm writing the song as part of a story featuring a random person who wants to be famous. This is not my personal opinion.
Here's the song:

I am bored
I'm tired of this world I right now see
I want more
My world is now far too small for me

All these doors
Lead to dullness beyond belief
Force us in the mold
'Till only boredom is all we feel

(Chorus)
I want it all
I'll touch the stars no matter the cost
I'll beat the odds
Go and try, but I won't be stopped

I'll be a star
Immortalized on the TV screen
I will go far
I will get every single one of my dreams

I've got the right cards
I little time is all I need
It won't be long
'Till record sales will come to me

(Chorus)

(Violin Solo + Distortion)

I am done
No more mediocrity
I'll be number one
I see that's where I am to be...


There you have it. If the project goes further, then the story will go to songs featuring the character's attempting to be famous, complete with cliffhanger at end....

2 comments:

  1. I really do love the lyrics to this song. I fully expect that you will be famous one day! I only hope that you remember your 8th grade math teacher along the way...hopefully I will get front row seats!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment whatever.