Monday, March 21, 2011

My New Music Project: Naming

I'm starting a solo music project. Practically everything is up in the air, except that it will be an album-long story about a random person trying to be famous. Update: Everything is up in the air.
The first order of business is naming the project. I have a few ideas right now.
-Introducing...The Musicbox!
That is the first name I thought of. I wanted to elaborate on an idea of a cardboard box spitting out music notes. It's going to include the ellipses and exclamation point; it won't be the first time people have put punctuation marks in a band name.
-Lined Paper
With this name, I'd use a lined paper motif on any artwork related to the project.
Update: It's not very attention-grabbing.
-Mail-order Fail
Insulting yourself always catches attention. Possible: Mail-Order Failure
Update: In hindsight, it's not that great a name.
-No One Important
If I ever get over stage fright, then it'd be funny to have the MC say "Introducing...No One Important!"
-Update- Panda Plays Punk
My locker partner in school has taken to calling me "Panda" (My last name is "Pandey"), just like Microsoft Word has for a while. The music I intend to play doesn't have a lot in common with punk music besides a minimalist structure, zero polish, and lyrics commenting on society, but it's catchy.


Please comment on what you like the most...or if they all are terrible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment whatever.