Thursday, January 31, 2013

Flies with Chainsaws.

The first one I found yesterday, buried in my (wait for it...) math folder.

The second one I actually drew in math class yesterday. It's based on an old doodle, and has a funny backstory.

Last year, I was taking Honors Biology with possibly one of the most awesome teachers ever. Seriously. Sadly, he retired, but he goes down as one of my favorite teachers of all time. So he was teaching us about Thomas Hunt Morgan, who discovered sex chromosomes in flies. Now, my teacher used some creative liberty, and turned his story into a dark tale of a deranged, depressed quasi-sociopath on the edge of suicide.

Later in that class, I think someone mentioned chainsaws, and, connected it to Morgan in a twisted way, said something about flies with chainsaws.
And thus the drawing was born. I still have the original in a drawer. If I ever start another band, I want to call it "Flies with Chainsaws." Because flies with chainsaws.

Ah, 9th grade...back when school was actually kinda cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment whatever.