Saturday, January 22, 2011

Reality Check

Another song! Sorry it took so long; I had writer's block.
This is based on a loop that I made before.
It's a little anecdote of a kid going from I'm-the-best to I'm-a-fail to I'm-what-I-do. A little to much of a fable, but whatever.



(Piano riff, Brass Background)
I want it all, I want the best
Skip all the falls, Skip to the crests
I won't be fake, this I can do
I'll take the cake, and eat it too

'Cause I'm a star, I am the best
I can go far, this I can stress
I am the fore - most in pure fame
I am far more, than just the same

(pause)

(Riff + String Background)
Don't call me cool, don't call me great
My skills are few, don't know the date
Now, don't be shy, you know it's true
Go say that I, I am a fool!

I'm not a star, I'm far from best
That's stretched too far, That I must stress
I'm just one more, blank, faceless name
Yes, that's a bore, true all the same

(pause)

(Riff + Either String+Brass or Choir)
Not in-your-face, not quarantined,
Maybe my place, is in between
I can't do all, but I'll do some
I may just fall, But I'll have fun

I may turn star, I may turn best
But I am far, That I must stress
I can fight for, a better name,
I'll open doors, 'till I find fame

Yup. Whaddya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment whatever.